Over 90 Total Lots Up For Auction at One Location - WA 04/08

Continenal tm 40 Flag / Error 14

(19)
(2)

Tom Walker

Continenal tm 40 Flag / Error 14

July 27, 2014 08:49

Let me give some general information in order to let you know where I'm at:
Tube good, Cables good, Getting both filaments, Inverter checked good, All fuses checked good. Doesn't matter what filament or kVP is selected the flag 14 still occurs. No other errors! This has not been an intermittent problem and the system worked good for several exams prior to this. Then it just quit!!

Measured the KV FB signals and I'm not getting a signal coming from the negative feedback off the transformer. The positive signal changes the voltage levels as the kV changes. Both signals were measured at the TP points and the actual input to the KV board. Don't have a bleeder to check the actual kVp at the tube. I'm trying to rule out a transformer problem.

I'm thinking that one of the SCR's may be an issue, because there is no signal for the negative side, but I'm not sure about it. Is this possible and how can they be tested??

Any ideas or comments would be helpful. I really don't want to change a transformer.

to rate and post a comment

(28)
(1)

Larry Underriner

re: Continenal tm 40 Flag / Error 14

July 28, 2014 06:06

Tom-I have had this error come up a couple of times on some of our TM's out in the field. Both times it came down to replacing the transformers. Have you done the No-Load Test and/or the Simulated Exposure Test? These units are know to go thru SCR's and Diode Packs also. You can also give a call to Hugh Hudson who was Tech Support for Continental/TREX/Hologic for a number of years and has retired. He has been very helpful to us in the past. He know "consults" on the product line on his own and will require a P.O.# but he's worth it. Let me know if you end up needing a transformer. We may have one in our warehouse as we have been taking these units out of commission and upgrading these generators with a "CPI Generator Upgrade". Hugh's # is 503-387-3081. He is now located on the West Coast. Tell him I said Hi.

(19)
(2)

Tom Walker

July 29, 2014 10:29

Thanks for the information. I just got some parts in today to test the system with. Because the problem was not intermittent, and it happened so quickly, I'm thanking circuit issues, however I'm not ruling out the transformer yet. I've never tested the SCR's and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

(28)
(1)

Larry Underriner

re: re: Continenal tm 40 Flag / Error 14

July 29, 2014 04:36

If my memory is correct, you are checking for a direct short across the front and back of the SCR which would indicate a faulty SCR. You have to take the SCR out of the system and measure resistance across the front/back. I measured the one that I have and it measures about 3.5 megohms in both directions. Make sure you replace the SCR in the same manner in which it comes out.

(264)
(47)
(28)

Wayne Horsman

July 29, 2014 04:36

Tom - If your kV+ is OK, and your kV- is absent, I don't see how a bad inverter SCR can cause this, as the SCRs are in the AC primary side (affecting anode + cathode), and your problem is in the DC secondary side (with full wave bridge rectification). If your HV transformer is the same as the TM schematic that I am looking at, you most likely have a bad HV rectifier assy. 9284.362.04 (kV-) I would verify the p/n with Hologic before ordering, as it may be different in your HV tank. I would also check the kV- signal at the HV tank to make sure you don't have a bad wire or connector between the HV tank & the KV board. If you send me your email, I can send you some info that might help. Good Luck, Wayne Horsman

(19)
(2)

Tom Walker

re: re: Continenal tm 40 Flag / Error 14

July 30, 2014 09:30

Wayne, I think I sent my email to your company however here it is again. tj.walker@att.net I'll know a little more after this morning.

stats
DOTmed text ad

When you need it done right the first time — Image is the answer

Image Technology provides world class PARTS, SYSTEMS, SERVICE & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE to OEM's and ISO's for Philips and Siemens equipment. We own what we sell and are available 24/7. Give us an opportunity to help you. Please call us at 972-223-3008!

DOTmed Certified stats
advertisement

Upcoming Auction Events

NorthWest Supply
TIMED
Apr 08, 2024 (99 lots)