References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

(41)
(9)
(1)
(122)

John Sobczak

References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

January 10, 2013 01:20

Has any one had any dealings good or bad with Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO. I am considering purchasing a laser from them.

to rate and post a comment

(2)

(1)

Carl Qualls

re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

January 10, 2013 10:11

We have bought a number of tables from them over a two year period and they have always been very professional.

(15)
(9)

Cindy Dumon

August 06, 2013 03:09

I am having trouble with Pivotal Medical Group. Did you buy that laser?

(41)
(9)
(1)
(122)

John Sobczak

re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

August 06, 2013 04:29

We never did. It was coming out of Canada from a former Sciton distributor. We spoke to folks at Sciton and they said they would not service it and they would warn the FDA. Pivotal was upfront on everything and they provided the serial #. We decided on our end no to go through with it.

(15)
(9)

Cindy Dumon

re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

August 06, 2013 06:31

Okay, thanks for that information.

(15)
(9)

Cindy Dumon

August 20, 2013 08:56

I believe his name is Troy Johnson, and not Todd. I bought a Candela GentleYag from him last March. The contract read that it was to include all three handpieces. It arrived with two of them. Five months later, Troy finally obtained the third handpiece for me from another party in Texas. I doubt the prior owner (in Connectiicut) of the GentleYag ever had the third handpiece. They sent the treatment guidelines for the two I did receive. Since Troy is a broker, and the lasers don't pass through his hands, he had no way of knowing that the third handpiece did not exist. I have to give him credit that he did not drop the ball entirely on this. However the contract also read that I was to receive the instructions for using this laser, and that should have included instructions for this third handpiece. So, I still don't have instructions. Also, the laser came with a 180 day warranty. One of the two handpieces I did receive had a couple problems from the start--a loose slider that slips out of place and a hand control that doesn't work. I reported them to Troy, and he is aware they are covered under warranty. Five months have passed since this was reported, and he has not supplied me with information as to where to send them for warranty repair. So, Troy is pleasant enough, but he cannot be reached about half the time I call, and only 25% of his promises have been made good so far.

(15)
(9)

Cindy Dumon

re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

October 09, 2013 08:36

Now it is October. I did finally receive the third handpiece (the SR), but no treatment guidelines for it as promised. The defective HR handpiece still has not been repaired. It was broken on arrival and should have been repaired under warranty months ago. Troy has dropped the ball on this one.

Mickey Couvertier, CBET, CLRT

re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 09, 2014 09:19

I have to say... this is my first time having after purchase issues with any vendors on Dotmed and it's with Troy. You're right- he cannot be reached half the time, and only 25% of his promises, if that, are kept. I am waiting on a system he said would be here by now, and he just sent a text saying his shipper's truck broke down. This after charging me $495 to get it to me quick. I could have arranged my own shipping for about the same cost, and it would already be here. His messages are condescending, and he even tried to blame me for his shipping delays (because I didn't buy sooner... seriously).

1 person liked this

re: re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 11, 2014 09:02

After posting this, I received a call from Troy complaining about my referring to him as a scammer. It was the only way he would contact me after ignoring repeated calls and text messages. Apparently, he needed some work done, and the gentleman he spoke to suggested he contact me, at which point he must have felt quite small.

He contacted me, and told me he would be refunding my shipping fees, and that he was now shipping with a professional company, and that I would have a tracking number shortly.

Just more lies. He never called me back, and is again ignoring my calls and text messages.

I very strongly recommend no dealings with this guy. At this point I am unsure if I will ever get my laser, and he keeps giving me the runaround. He only responds if you text him calling him a scammer, and even then he claims his phone was dead, or some other completely unprofessional excuse.

As someone who has written articles about avoiding salesmen like this, I have to say I am ashamed that I got involved with this guy. I've learned my lesson, and I will NEVER do business with him again. NEVER.

1 person liked this

(15)
(9)

Cindy Dumon

re: re: re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 12, 2014 10:17

Mickey, Your experience with Troy sounds very similar to mine. The run-around went on for the better part of a year. Ultimately, I gave up on Troy and purchased the distance gauges and user manual from other sources. To his credit, he did have the two handpieces (which had arrived broken) repaired at his cost, though it took months. Like you, it took my negative posting on the Dot Med Forum to get him to return my calls. When I did reach him, he would have excuses. He said he was in Disneyland with his kids, or he had to pick up his daughter from school, or he had been sick. Here I thought I was safe by avoiding foreign sellers, and buying from Colorado--but I was wrong. My best experience in buying used lasers has been with Lee Atkins in Washington. Ten years ago, I bought a Candela GentleLase and a Iriderm Diolite from him. Lee Atkins delivered as promised, and a broken water pump on the Candela Gentlelase (on arrival) was repaired immediately and on site. If I ever buy another laser, it will be from Lee Atkins.

2 people liked this

Brian Baumgardner

re: re: re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 13, 2014 06:28

Mickey- I had the Exact experience with this guy. He didn't return my calls and then he yelled at me when I posted true comments about him. He then had DOTMED remove the rating which I am fighting NOW. I have had two people contact me saying that they are suing him for fraud ater seeing my rating.
STAY AWAY FROM TROY JOHNSON! HE IS A LIAR AND A SCAM ARTIST!

1 person liked this

re: re: re: re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 19, 2014 09:04

So I finally received the laser. The foot pedal was cut; it was shipped by a regular guy in a van- not a shipping company. The guy had the laser laying flat on it's side with no restraints at all, and dragged the laser out of the back of the van. Needless to say it isn't working.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 22, 2014 06:50

I repaired the laser, and Troy asked me to send an invoice. He said he'd refund me the shipping charges, as well as pay me for repairing the laser I should have received working. That was two days ago. Again he's completely disappeared. Doesn't answer my calls, or texts. The shipper, whom he was supposed to provide with the invoice, hasn't heard from him since last Friday- when I received the laser.

1 person liked this

(15)
(9)

Cindy Dumon

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: References for Pivotal Medical Group - Todd Johnson Aurora, CO

May 23, 2014 12:08

Sounds just like Troy to me. It is very frustrating to deal with him. Things do not arrive as promised, repairs are slow to happen, he has all kinds of excuses, and he is hard to reach. At times, I thought he had gone out of business, because my calls were not returned. He told me I was lucky he was honoring the repairs out of warranty, when I had reported the issues well within the warranty period. It just took him well past the warranty period to come through with the repairs. He asked me to have DotMed delete my postings. I agreed that I would if I every received everything that was on my contract. However, even though he did repair the broken handpiece, and deliver another handpiece that was missing altogether--although that arrived broken as well. And, then, he did pay to have that handpiece repaired, too. Still, after nearly a year and multiple requests, I gave up and bought the necessary distance gauges and the user manual on my own. Troy Johnson does not belong in the used laser business.

advertisement