dismiss

The 1st Ever Medical World Americas is in Houston, TX, April 28-30 - Get a Free 1-Day Pass!

Get a Free 3-Day Pass to AAMI 2014 in Philadelphia, May 31-June 2 -- Visit DOTmed, Booth 231

SEARCH

Current Location: Virtual Trade Show > Forums > Honest & Dishonest Dealings > Anybody deal with a Rooney Neil?

Anybody deal with a Rooney Neil?

(2)

Santo Polanco

Anybody deal with a Rooney Neil?

December 10, 2012 02:13

We received a purchase request from a Rooney Neil.
Would like to pay via cashiers check & arrange their own shipping. I am not shipping anything out until a week after the check clears.

Any information will be help full.

to rate and post a comment

(10)
(1)

Art Stanfield

re: Anybody deal with a Rooney Neil?

December 10, 2012 06:34

wouldn't a cashiers check be safe?

(2)

Santo Polanco

re: re: Anybody deal with a Rooney Neil?

December 10, 2012 07:51

Not if the check uses real numbers. Then yes it will clear but 2 to 3 weeks later, It will come back as a stolen or fraudulent check. I personally prefer credit card. I can call the bank and verify the shipping and billing.

I got a message from a few other users, and this person is shopping around with them as well, offering them payments in the form of a cashiers check and not asking any questions about the products they wish to purchase.

(32)

Gregory B. Holman

December 11, 2012 10:52

A cashier's check is not fool proof. You can sometimes call the bank for merchant verification, but even that is not always certain. If it is a significant amount, a wire is best. If it is a smaller amount, you may want to consider PayPal.

(1)

Nags Cherukonda

December 17, 2012 10:09

I received a purchase request from Rooney Neil. He sent me a check (which bounced) for more than the invoice amount. Even before the check cleared, he started asking me to send the additional money through western union.

Fortunately, I didn't send the money and I told him to wait until the funds are transferred or cancel the check and send me a new one for the correct amount.

DOtmed should block this type of people.

(32)

Gregory B. Holman

re: re: Anybody deal with a Rooney Neil?

December 17, 2012 02:15

From Craigslist:
NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is likely a scammer.
FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.

Access and use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions of our LEGAL NOTICE & PRIVACY NOTICE
Property of and Proprietary to DOTmed.com, Inc. Copyright ©2001-2014 DOTmed.com, Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED