*NEW* MegaDyne 2000 Patient Return Electrode Pad 0800 Free Shipping.. Condition is New. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.
MEGA 2000® and Patients with Pacemakers
Megadyne has no reason to believe the MEGA 2000 patient return electrode system will perform differently than traditional gel pads. AORN’s 2004 Recommended Practices for Electrosurgery state, “Personnel should take additional precautions” when using the ESU with patients who have pacemakers and automatic defibrillators. We recommend you follow AORN’s guidelines when using the MEGA 2000 system. You should:
• ensure that the distance between the active and dispersive electrodes is as short as possible, - the practical application and size of the MEGA 2000 will place the dispersive pad directly below the surgical site, therefore minimizing the distance between the active and dispersive electrodes.
• place both electrodes as far from the pacemaker as possible - again, the practical application and size of the MEGA 2000 will place the dispersive pad directly below the surgical site, ensuring the distance traveled from the surgical site to the electrode is as small as possible. As a result, when the surgical site is away from the pacemaker the “effective” area of the return electrode is away from the pacemaker.
• Ensure that the current path from the surgical site to the dispersive electrode does not pass through the vicinity of the patient’s heart or the implanted pacemaker device - when the surgical site is below the region of the heart the pad can also be placed below the heart to further minimize the possibility of current passing through the pacemaker. When the surgical site is in the region of the heart, current may flow through the pacemaker with either a traditional gel pad or the MEGA 2000 system.
• Use the lowest possible setting on the electrosurgical generator.
• Keep all electrosurgical cords and cables away from the pacemaker and its leads.
In addition to AORN’s Recommended Practices, the national standards governing electrosurgical safety (ANSI/AAMI HF-18, 1993), which were written with gel pads in mind, state in paragraph 184.108.40.206h “The use of electrosurgical devices can cause severe electromagnetic interference in other devices, particularly cardiac pacemakers; precautions should be taken to ensure that the patient’s well-being is maintained in the event of such interference.”
We provide a 30 day warranty on this item and we are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. If there is a problem with an order please contact us directly before leaving feedback or doing anything else.
We ship within 3 business days of payment.
If you need to return an item, please contact me directly. We will then give you instructions on how to proceed. We work to make returns quick and easy.
But before you open a return case.. please give me the chance to work it out with you before you take it to the next level.
Please contact us with any questions.
The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the . Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, we will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipment. Thanks 🙏
Please read; Most of of my items come with a 30 day money back guarantee
and some Items are sold as-is with no returns or refunds available unless explicitly stated in the description.