Over 2200 Total Lots Up For Auction at Six Locations - UT 09/20, MD 09/22, TX 09/24, FL 09/28, NJ Cleansweep 09/30, CA 10/01

Copying of website

(9)
(1)
(20)

Lee Diallo

Copying of website

November 26, 2009 10:15

I find it frustrating when when one person spends time, money and effort to better their business and another person feels it's ok to take what they need without asking for their own benefit. Advanced Medical www.hotlasers.com is a website that was designed and developed at great time expense over the past 13+ years. Hotlaserdeals.com is a new site that has copied our format!. The navigation, icons, contact us page, phrases, loan calculator page with exact wording and more. This was brought to my attention from a friendly competitor. I have saved all of hotlaserdeals.com original website pages and was amazed that their contact page had the same icons as hotlasers.com and OUR business address listed. If our website were not copied, how would our business address show up on another website? This site also has a link to comparison charts for lasers. This link states the charts are COURTESY of Medical Insight. The owner of Medical Insight, Michael Moretti stated he was unaware of this and asked the owner to shut it down! I also don't feel choosing the name Hotlaserdeals.com was an effort to make sure people know we are not one and the same! After serving the owner of hotlaserdeals.com legal papers, some minor changes have taken place but not enough! The company that is reference at the bottom of the pages (kooldesigning) as the designer of the website has no contact telephone number or address. If this is how a dealer is starting out with DotMed, how will they end?

to rate and post a comment

(21)
(7)
(77)

Daniel Finerman

Re: Copying of website

November 28, 2009 11:43

This is yet another reason that I feel the Web needs regulation from a governmental entity. The Web, for all its boundless opportunity for commerce, has become a haven for scammers of every race, color and creed. Scammers are like opportunistic cancers that always pop up where ease of invasion is guaranteed and criminal repercussions are nonexistent.
A website is a proprietary item that involves considerable research, preparation, time and effort, not to mention expense. There should be, and probably is, some legal way to protect your interests. Have you checked whether a website can be the subject of a copyright?

(9)
(1)
(20)

Lee Diallo

November 28, 2009 04:43

Currently working with our attorney on any protection that might be available.

(7)
(3)

Tadesse Gemechu

November 28, 2009 07:59

You have good copyright laws in US to rely on. So no need to worry. If you are cheated you can get remedy.

(3)

(3)

Genice Sutkaytis

December 01, 2009 02:23

I understand what you're going through. For quite some time I have found items/features that I've posted on our website stolen and appearing on "competitor' websites. They don't even try to change the info. It's so blatantly obvious! But I too am working with some attorneys on potential solutions.

(62)
(11)
(14)

James Fower

re: Re: Copying of website

June 04, 2015 05:36

I can relate to that some how.
we have phone number hand picked in 1992 of 1-888-CT OR MRI so we did a website 1888ctormri.com, but if you forget to type the number "1" then 888ctormri.com takes you to another site that is not related to us !!!
Fight it as you can, at least you got my moral support.

(43)
(1)
(17)

Marc Fessler

June 08, 2015 04:28

Websites can be copyrighted.

(14)

(31)

George Beach

December 17, 2009 03:01

Good luck Lee. You have our support always. You are one of the honest ones in our industry and deserve more courtesy. Atleast you can sleep at night.

(9)
(1)
(20)

Lee Diallo

December 17, 2009 04:18

Thanks George!

(4)

Nicholas StCyr

June 12, 2015 10:25

Have you explored the possibility of finding their Website provider and telling them what happened? I had something similar actually happen in a unrelated field for a server project that was being developed. Long story short, a friend of mine copied all my data, theories, and the physical setup. I contacted their provider, showed my time stamps and even just that bit of data was sufficient enough to get them shut down.

(9)
(1)
(20)

Lee Diallo

re: re: Re: Copying of website

June 13, 2015 10:07

Problem solved, but thank you for the suggestion!

advertisement