Over 100 Utah Auctions End Tomorrow 02/03 - Bid Now
Over 350 Total Lots Up For Auction at Three Locations - MD 02/08, TX 02/10, Ontario 02/14

Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

(3)

Scott Hartnett

Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

September 03, 2015 06:04

I contacted Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. on July 3rd 2015 to purchase listing 1775037. He promptly responded with a proforma invoice for $3800. I wired the payment and emailed him the proof of payment on July 4th 2015. For the last 6 weeks I have been trying to contact him and have received no response. He ignores all my emails and I feel that he has stolen my money. The last correspondence I received from him was the proforma invoice sent to me on July 3rd from the email address kotechintl@yahoo.com.

to rate and post a comment

(3)

Scott Hartnett

re: Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

September 18, 2015 08:54

As an update on this case, I never recovered my $3800 and the seller Ritchie Choi never shipped the merchandise or even responded anymore after receiving payment. I contacted DOTMED for assistance with this matter and was told that there was nothing that they could do to help.

Reiner Kuske

re: re: Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

January 09, 2016 06:59

Scott, sorry to hear about your bad experience with this person. I suspect I have also just fallen into his trap. I purchased a Nidek NM-1000 Fundus Camera from him last week. My dealings were also with a Ritchie Choi, the difference is that the company on the proforma invoice says "SOOIL TECH INT'L CORP.". After reading your post, I am getting more than worried about this transaction. Can you please give me a further update and the email address Ritchie Choi used when dealing with you earlier in the year. Thanks

(3)

Scott Hartnett

re: re: re: Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

January 12, 2016 05:34

Hi Reiner,

His email is kotechintl@yahoo.com. This user is definitely fraudulent. As soon as I wired the money, he stopped communicating entirely. We had also found the same user on ebay. We had tried to contact them via ebay but as soon as they realized who we were, they stopped communicating. They also used the company name SOOIL TECH INT'L CORP with me. I had wired $3800 to them.

Below is a link to their ebay account.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kotech2015

Reiner Kuske

re: re: re: re: Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

February 18, 2016 08:54

Scott,

thought I'd give you an update on my dealings with Ritchie Choi. After reading about your experience and some others', I had written off my payment to Choi and had not expected to see either my money or the equipment I purchased from him. However, last week my equipment arrived from South Korea, well packed and almost as described. After some minor maintenance work the fundus camera now works as expected.

(86)
(8)

Chris Salberg

February 20, 2016 04:25

Sorry to hear this but why would anyone do this....my policy is if it's an out of the country business, they do not have a domain name or website that is legit and not just a blog that has been up for a couple of months, do not have a domain e-mail address (no freaking yahoo, AOL or Gmail), do not have a physical address I can google and find which is listed under google maps or local business' and is in the business name and is not a house or someone else's business, do not have a phone listed under the business name in the white pages then there is a good chance this is NOT A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS! I hope you get this taken care of.....

(11)
(5)
(50)
(51)

Sean O'Donnell

May 01, 2017 10:17

Ritchie Choi also operates under the company name of SOOIL TECH INT'L CORP. in Busan South Korea. He sold us a laser on March 3, 2017. As of today May 1, 2017, Choi has failed to deliver us the laser system OR refund our money.

After countless calls, emails and texts to Choi he just makes excuses as to why he will not refund our money or deliver the laser.

The contract reads that the laser will ship within 2 weeks of receiving payment, his deadline was March 20, 2017 which he failed to meet. Now it is May and Choi is full of excuses and lies.

Choi advertises products he does not own or possess. He advertises on many websites such as eBay under the USER ID of eyelaser15 he also uses email address cihshr@yahoo.com .

I would urge ANY consumer to NOT do business with this company as we are now spending hours of our time trying to track Choi down and his company.

Choi's business practices are fraudulent, deceiving and our goal is to prevent anyone from making the mistakes we did.

I am hoping this post alerts Choi to do the right thing and refund our payment or deliver the equipment as agreed.

(11)
(5)
(50)
(51)

Sean O'Donnell

re: re: Ritchie Choi with KOTECH INT'L CORP. is Fraudulent

June 22, 2017 10:41

Just giving everyone an update, and wanting to keep the thread current so this continues to populate as soon as you Google Ritchie Choi - of course, we have received nothing from CHOI but excuses. He continues to list on eBay and other sites equipment for sale he does not own. The photos are simply reused photos of other lasers. Avoid this company at all costs and feel free to reach out to us for any applicable details, proof or emails from Choi.

advertisement