Information Provided By:
At times, stepping onto ice is a risky proposition. Just knowing its thickness might not be enough, since underlying structural characteristics also determine its integrity. The same may be said of the Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer (RNFL). Its thickness is important, but it may not tell the whole story.
• GDx, the world's only Scanning Laser Polarimeter (SLP), uniquely characterizes RNFL Integrity (RNFL-I), structural information that goes beyond thickness.
• Recent studies suggest that RNFL micro-structures undergo changes in orientation and density before RNFL anatomical thickness changes become apparent.
• The SLP measurement in GDx, RNFL-I, depends on both RNFL thickness and the cumulative level of organization of its micro-structures.
• RNFL Integrity is a discrete assessment of RNFL health that today only GDx Scanning Laser Polarimetry can quantify.
• GDxPRO is the next evolution in GDx technology.
GDxPRO: The perfect tool dedicated to RNFL assessment
• Assesses RNFL health by measuring RNFL Integrity.
• A sophisticated tool to help find glaucoma suspects and manage patients long term.
• Allows easy, rapid and accurate RNFL assessment.
• A leap forward in performance and workflow.
Compare GDxPRO to GDxVCC
• ECC, GPA, AutoFocus and Touch Screen operation included as standard features.
• The next evolution in GDx technology.
Confidently assess patients suspected of having glaucoma.
• A number of clinical studies have verified the correlation between RNFL measurements by GDx and glaucomatous damage.
• Hundreds of published studies support the conclusion that GDx technology provides invaluable information for early disease detection and ongoing clinical management.
• GDx measurements are compared to an age-stratified, multi-ethnic normative database, providing you with a unique visual representation.
• The GDxPRO provides a unique and comprehensive view of RNFL health simply not available in other imaging technologies.
A superior diagnostic tool - Nerve Fiber Indicator (NFI)
• An artificial intelligence algorithm based on the entire RNFL profile.
• Though not definitive, the NFI is a single ordinal number indicating likelihood that the polarimetric retinal nerve fiber layer is normal.
• Proven performance in assessing patients suspected of having glaucoma.
GDxPRO: Designed for exceptional precision
• Automatic Image Alignment ensures exceptional registration between the reference image and subsequent measurements, even across multiple visits.
• A preprocessing step for GPA.
• Retinal blood vessels are used as landmarks to align all images with one reference image.
• This precise alignment enables the high reproducibility and GPA performance of GDxPRO.
• AutoFocus ensures the scan is performed at the optimal imaging position.
• Proven high repeatability, independent of operator expertise.
ECC: A new enhanced imaging method
GDxPRO with Enhanced Corneal Compensation (ECC) delivers high quality scans on virtually every patient.
•Is a new enhanced imaging method.
• Improves signal-to-noise ratio for GDxPRO measurements.
• Has demonstrated outstanding measurement sensitivity, and specificity.
In a study of 157 eyes from Medeiros et al. IOVS 2007, the area under the empirical ECC ROC curve was 0.93 for the TSNIT average. This performance could improve progression detection.
GPA: Identify fast progressors at a glance
Guided Progression Analysis (GPA) helps to follow glaucoma patients and identity fast progressors in need of more aggressive treatment.
• Proprietary statistical tool.
• High design specificity of 95%.
• Builds on the legacy of GPA for the Humphrey® Field Analyzer (HFA).
• Compares each patient's exam-to-exam variability with the RNFL-I™ variability of a widespread population.
• Identifies statistically significant, reproducible change in focal, regional, and difficult to identify diffuse global defects.
• Presents results in a single-page report which can be read intuitively at a glance or exported electronically.
• How to read a GPA report.
GDxPRO integrates clinical performance with workflow efficiencies.
• Interpret results at a glance with intuitive report designs.
• Print to virtually any Windows® XP supported network printer.
• Go paperless by automatically saving and exporting reports in standard file formats (PDF, TIFF, JPEG).
• Access Carl Zeiss networking solutions with optional DICOM Gateway connectivity.
• Consolidate GDxVCC and GDxPRO patient data on the same GPA report.
• Enjoy portability convenience with GDxPRO's small, lightweight design with exclusive lockdown feature for optics protection.
The GDxPRO is delightfully simple to operate.
• Scan without delay with non-mydriatic operation.
• Acquire high quality scans with ease.
• Simple-touch Automatic Pupil Alignment requires virtually no operator experience.
• Ensure proper patient fixation with Live Fundus View.
• Scan more patients easily with Low Vision Targe
The GDxPRO is designed for optimum patient comfort.
• Minimize patient fatigue with quick scan times.
• Improve patient comfort with non-mydriatic operation and ergonomic design.
• Reduce patient exam time with Live Fundus View.
• Accommodate patients with compromised central vision using Low Vision Target.