dismiss

Clean Sweep Live Auction on Wed. February 27th. Click to view the full inventory

SEARCH
Current Location:
>
>
>
> AMX 4 Plus not charging past Cal

AMX 4 Plus not charging past Cal

Tags: Radiology - R/F

(39)
(1)

Frandy Cador

AMX 4 Plus not charging past Cal

January 11, 2019 09:51

Machine had Test -04 Failed when I arrived on site. Attempted to perform full cal.
The batteries were about 110.4 V. Was not able to charge them to 112-113 for Cal. Nonetheless I was still able to calibrate the handle, the voltmeter and the charger at 110.4 v. I was hoping that I would then be able to charge the batteries, unfortunately I was not able to. I would start charging, but then the reading on the screen switches to recharge recommended, Drives Only. Even in bypass mode it does the same thing.
Can anyone out there please help? I am in Haiti and only have 2 days left before I return to the States. This machine is currently serving thousands of people in that region, the only machine available to them. Therefore it’s critical that I do my best to fix the issue before I return to the States. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

to rate and post a comment

Michael Voegtley

re: AMX 4 Plus not charging past Cal

January 12, 2019 04:27

I just spoke to my Lab Tech. Here is what he told me. You need to preform the checks on bypass to allow the unit to charge to proper voltage before completing the rest of generator calibration to clear the failing test 4 if you have any other questions please give us a call at 866-818-9729 and my tech support would be happy to help you.

(39)
(1)

Frandy Cador

re: re: AMX 4 Plus not charging past Cal

January 13, 2019 10:46

I did as instructed. The machine would start charging, but then the display on the screen switches a minute later to recharge recommended, Drives Only.

(39)
(1)

Frandy Cador

February 03, 2019 11:16

Have you guys changed phone number?

(88)
(11)

Donald Bradbury

January 12, 2019 04:27

You should be able to force charge the batteries by flipping the service switch on during boot-up of the unit.This should put you in Service program.Use kv up or down to to select data base access then press mas down key.the prompt will change to "enter password". The password is mas up key, mas down key,Kv up, Kv down key.This should get you into the data base menu.You get three tries before you must start over. Move KV up or down till forced battery charge displays.Select mas down.Plug charger in and monitor battery voltage till you are happy, then you can just turn the unit off then back on and you should be in cal mode. Re-do your handle, battery voltage,and charger cal and then return to operate mode (service switch off) and see if 04 has cleared. If not, you may have to go through a cal. Warning:once you start, you must successfully complete the calibration. Before you start, you may want to load test the batteries by sticking a meter across the main circuit breaker to ground and drive it down the hall. The voltage should drop < 20% on good batteries. I don't know what you have for test equipment but non-invasive kv meters can be problematic at low KV test levels. A drop tank is best if you have access to one. Good luck

(39)
(1)

Frandy Cador

January 13, 2019 10:45

I have actually tried that. It would start charging, but after a few minutes it switches to recharge recommended.

(3)

Kirk Hannah

January 12, 2019 04:28

You can force a charge. Give me an e-mail and I will send you instructions. hannkira@nmhcare.org

(3)

Kirk Hannah

You can force a charge. Give me an E-Mail and I will send you the instructions.

(337)
(34)
(4)

Juan de la Cruz Martinez

go into diagnostic, and select charge batteries

(337)
(34)
(4)

Juan de la Cruz Martinez

Diagnostic, start with the sw up, when it shows test 04 failed, flip the sw down and up and it will get you on diagnostic, select charge batteries.

(39)
(1)

Frandy Cador

I did as instructed. The machine would start charging, but then the display on the screen switches a minute later to recharge recommended, Drives Only.

(10)
(2)

Thomas Monaghan

Hi Frandy, Where in Haiti are you? I am a biomed from Boston who has been living down here for the past couple of years working on biomed issues. I am having a similar problem with an AMX 4 in the southern peninsula. Send me a number I can call you at or call me at 509 3730 2358.

(39)
(1)

Frandy Cador

I am in the North east. I will give you a call tomorrow.

Source-Ray, Inc. - Innovations In Portable X-Ray

SRI is a leading Developer, Manufacturer & Supplier of Innovative Portable Imaging Equipment. We offer Lightweight, Agile, Easy to Maneuver Portable X-Ray Systems ideal for maneuvering in tight spaces. Call us at 631-244-8200

advertisement

advertisement

advertisement
advertisement
Access and use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions of our LEGAL NOTICE & PRIVACY NOTICE
Property of and Proprietary to DOTmed.com, Inc. Copyright ©2001-2019 DOTmed.com, Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED