>
> GE Logiq E9 - Need to know what DRX temperature sensor means

GE Logiq E9 - Need to know what DRX temperature sensor means

Tags: Ultrasound, GE

(3)

Greg Togtema

GE Logiq E9 - Need to know what DRX temperature sensor means

April 20, 2017 10:22

I have a GE Logiq E9 ultrasound system whose "DRX3 TOP" and "DRX4 TOP" temperature sensors are reading high (75-80 degrees C). This causes the system fans to run at full speed and sometimes shuts down the machine. What are DRX3 and DRX4 referring to? Oddly, all other temperature sensors (about 30 of them) give cooler values.

to rate and post a comment

(23)
(2)

Gipin Babu

re: GE Logiq E9 - Need to know what DRX temperature sensor means

April 21, 2017 10:33

Drx3 and DRX4 are frond end boards. if you need more details mail me at gipin.ultrasoundindia@gmail.com

1 person liked this

(1)

Trefor Williams

April 21, 2017 10:35

Hi, DRX is refering to the Digital Receiver boards in the front-end of your LogiqE9. There are three DRX boards but four slots and it's the slots that are named DRX1, DRX2 etc. So the temperature towards the top of your DRX3 and DRX4 slots is exceeding the limits. Obvious fault first, have you cleaned the system air filters? There are two, one on the rear that is fairly obvious and a second that sits underneath the system. Look under the system and you will see a metal hook which is there to help remove and replace the filter. It's just on magnets so pull it off.

(30)
(3)
(6)

Joseph Asmaro

April 24, 2017 10:15

Hi Greg, I would first do a through cleaning of inside the system (air blow it) especially the Front End. Slide out all the boards in there and air blow it thoroughly.

The second thing to do is make sure the fans are operating properly, you can slide out the Front End card cooling fans (Fan Tray Assembly) and test the fans by your finger to see if they rotate smoothly.

In addition, clean the filter beneath the air cooling fans at the bottom of the system.

This should resolve the issue, if not then the sensors on one of those boards are failing.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me: jasmaro@toptiermedical.com, we're neighbors.

(1)

Mark Noll

July 26, 2017 11:55

I would also pull out the bottom fan assembly and make sure that the underneath the fan isn't caked up with particulates. One of my E9s had a similar issue. The filters were clean, but the fan screen was very dirty.

Your #1 Source For Everything Ultrasound!

Redstone Healthcare - Exceptionalism is what we do. Offering new and reconditioned ultrasound systems, transducers, parts and service nationwide from machines to transducers, C-arms and more! CALL (773) 294-5030 DOTmed Certified DOTmed 100

Access and use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions of our LEGAL NOTICE & PRIVACY NOTICE
Property of and Proprietary to DOTmed.com, Inc. Copyright ©2001-2017 DOTmed.com, Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED