Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 Date Battery Replacement - Service Technicians Forum

Over 1300 Total Lots Up For Auction at Four Locations - NJ Cleansweep 03/02, OK 03/04, NJ 03/08, CA 03/12

Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 date battery replacement

Tags: Ophthalmology, HUMPHREY

(3)

Ed Wagman

Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 date battery replacement

February 19, 2021 10:29

I have a Humphrey field analyzer 750 (not750i) that no longer remembers the date. It must be set manually, otherwise it works perfectly. I looked at the boards inside and cannot find the battery, I'm looking for a button battery like in a PC. I'd appreciate any guidance to solve this annoying issue.

to rate and post a comment

(16)
(5)

Tony Doyle

re: Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 date battery replacement

February 22, 2021 10:48

Hi Ed , you are not looking for a button battery like in a PC, It looks like an IC block, Look for- Dallas DS1286 on a chip at the top right hand side of the board above the RAM slots. This needs to be replaced .

(3)

Ed Wagman

re: re: Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 date battery replacement

February 23, 2021 10:07

Thank you. Do you know offhand if this will push in to the board or is it soldered? When I shop for these, it seems like they have a 10 year life expectancy, but haven't been made in more than 10 years. A button battery sure would have been nicer to deal with.

(16)
(5)

Tony Doyle

re: re: re: Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 date battery replacement

February 23, 2021 10:20

As far as I know they all have to be soldered , hard to get parts for these because of age of units parts becoming obsolete. best of luck with it.

(3)

Ed Wagman

re: re: re: re: Humphrey Field Analyzer 750 date battery replacement

February 23, 2021 03:31

Thank you. I found an Ebay picture of the board, (easier than taking mine apart again) and yes, it would have to be soldered in. My soldering skills are average at best, the risk of damaging an otherwise working visual field machine makes it prudent to simply change the date manually every day. I'd hate to buy an "new" timekeeper chip, change it out, and find the "new" battery is beyond it's service life also. I appreciate the information.

Laser-Tech.com: Used Lasers & IPL - Buy, Sales, Repair, Parts 855-LASER-00

Are you looking to Buy or Sell a Laser? Do you need Service, Repair or Parts for you Laser or IPL system? Call LASER-TECH today at 855-527-3700 We Sell and Service all major brands and manufactures!

advertisement

RSTI Newsletter

Hitachi

Upcoming Auction Events

Premier Medical Depot
TIMED
Mar 04, 2021 (689 lots)
Therapeutic Technologies
TIMED
Mar 08, 2021 (178 lots)
ZRG LLC.
TIMED