Not exposure release at table bucky.

Tags: Radiology - R/F, CONTINENTAL X-RAY CORP

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

Not exposure release at table bucky.

March 17, 2017 08:17

Hello, dear colleagues.
I am looking for help to fix a problem on a table bucky concerning to a x-ray exposure release. When I make an x-ray exposure having selected the table bucky at the operator control, it is correctly done just the first time, all the following x-ray exposures are no longer able to do. Only by turning the equipment off and on I can make another x-ray exposure. The prep is working properly. If I choose the wall bucky there is no problem, everything works fine again and again.
Table interlock is ok.
Tomo interlock is ok.
The complete system is this: CONTINENTAL TM50 x-ray generator, Classic Elevating 4-way Float Table (CONTINENTAL X-RAY CORP.), EUREKA Linear II collimator, OMNIFLEX overhead tube crane.
Do you have any suggestion for a solution?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
My E-MAIL: vicmaal@yahoo.com.mx
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

to rate and post a comment

(8)

Willi

re: Not exposure release at table bucky.

March 17, 2017 02:42

Dear Vic,
I can only tell you the way by a Philips Bucky System. but maybe by your system it is the same.

You make Prep, the anode will turn, then the generator make a ready (by Philips the "20" go's high) then the grid must run. Then comes the grid kontakt for synchronisation (by Philips the "21") and then the system will make a exposure. This is the way by a Philips TH system.

Can you maybe compare with the wallstand, what the difference is. Maybe you can see the problem.

Kind regards
Willi

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

re: re: Not exposure release at table bucky.

March 20, 2017 10:30

Good afternoon Willi.
First of all, thanks a lot for replying.
The x-ray exposure process is the same as for Philips system.
My bucky works properly only in the first x-ray exposure. After the first exposure, all the next ones fail, because the antiscattering grid does not move. I have already exchanged the bucky control board for the wallstand´s one, but not success. Any other suggestion?
Best regards.

(49)
(2)
(5)

Alfred M. Brown

March 17, 2017 05:24

You may have to cock the bucky after every exposure. This done by pulling the bucky tray out and pushing it back in again with a cassette in the tray.

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

March 20, 2017 10:31

Good afternoon Alfred.
I did what you suggest, but without a cassette in the tray. Could that be the problem?
Any way, I will take your directions into account, will do the process step by step.
Best regards.

(27)
(1)

Larry Underriner

March 19, 2017 05:01

The bucky drive mechanism on these Continental buckys tend to become dry and difficult to drive. The problem is that the grid doesn't return to the home position in time after the first exposure. Apply a lubricant such as vaseline or a light grease on the drive screw asssemby and you should be ok. If that doesn't take care of it you need to replace the bucky drive assy.

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

March 20, 2017 10:31

Hello Larry.
Thanks a lot for replying.
I have already replaced the bucky drive assy. by another one, but the problem even continues.
I think the problem comes from the table control board, but I do not have the schematics. Do have them? Could you share me?
Best regards.

(20)
(3)

MM

March 19, 2017 05:02

1.Check if bucky system gets to original position after x-ray;
2. check if opening completely and closing the cassette holder solves the problem (philips buckys)

Some systems have a way to not allow two exposures on same film ( like mamography)

All the best

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

March 20, 2017 10:30

Hello MM.
Thanks a lot for replying.
Let me check that. I will take your suggestion into account.
Best regards.

(313)
(16)
(5)

Jose Morillo

March 21, 2017 10:20

Hi Vick
many years ago saw some similar on a conventional system. The ready relay from table remain in lath osition after the shot (it will go off) It was the realy itself.

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

March 22, 2017 10:11

Good afternoon, Mr. Morillo.
I need to find the ready relay, and then to make it a check. The problem is that I do not have the schematics concerning to the patient table. If you have them, could you share to me? This is the patient table: Classic Elevating 4-way Float Top Table (CONTINENTAL X-RAY CORP.)
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

(313)
(16)
(5)

Jose Morillo

re: re: re: Not exposure release at table bucky.

March 23, 2017 10:58

This equipment has not many relays. Check all of them. You can also shot with open generator and see (if you are lucky and relays have transparent caps) the ones that activated. If it is the same fail you will see one of them that look stucked. It was my case
Good luck

(124)
(7)

Vic MayAl

re: re: re: re: Not exposure release at table bucky.

March 28, 2017 09:19

Hi, Mr. Morillo.
Thanks a lot for your support.
I will do what you say, hope to be lucky.
Best regards.

Diagnostic Imaging Training: RSTI (Radiological Service Training Institute)

15,000 service professionals from over 50 different countries have trained in over 35 courses in radiology, mammography, CT, ultrasound, networking, PACS, & DICOM. Classroom & lab facilities to accommodate up to 60 students. DOTmed 100

Access and use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions of our LEGAL NOTICE & PRIVACY NOTICE
Property of and Proprietary to DOTmed.com, Inc. Copyright ©2001-2017 DOTmed.com, Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED