dismiss

Save the Date - Our next Clean Sweep Live Auction will be on Tuesday, September 26th at 9:30AM EST

SEARCH
Current Location:
>
>
> X-Ray oil

X-Ray oil

(4)
(1)
(6)

Mike Laffey

X-Ray oil

September 13, 2017 05:54

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get rid of the oil from an discarded xray unit. There's about 20+ gallons.

to rate and post a comment

(12)
(2)

Amoako Eric

re: X-Ray oil

September 15, 2017 09:16

Yes contract me aketech4@gmail.com

(301)
(28)
(4)

Juan de la Cruz Martinez

Bio Fuel

(93)
(13)

Michael Baumgartner

Best bet is to find a local oil recycling company. Some require PCB testing first. It can also be burned in a waste oil type heater.

(18)
(1)

Scott Deason

September 15, 2017 09:17

Call a oil recycling business. Sometimes they require it to be tested.

(9)
(1)

Eric Hauk

September 15, 2017 09:17

Tiki torch??? ;)
I am not sure actually how it burns, you may actually be able to take it into a local oil change facility for disposal, they have tons to rid themselves of on a daily basis. I think most is burned in their facility heaters.

(208)
(27)
(27)

Wayne Horsman

September 15, 2017 09:18

There are federal regulations regarding the testing, transportation, and disposal of dielectric oil. I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the EPA regulations to make sure you don't break any federal laws pertaining to testing to determine the PPM concentration of PCBs, and disposal. There are PCB test kits available for sale, and if it is over 50ppm (I think) you can call a company that disposes of contaminated oil.

(1)

Danny Power

September 15, 2017 09:18

Had the same issue in Australia, I ended up mixing it into my diesel fuel at a 25% mix, so saved my some money and as it is an oil and fairly thin didn't harm my engine.

Not sure if you can do this in the USA though,

(133)
(17)

Tibor Ivanszky

September 15, 2017 09:20

I use to put 5 litres into my diesel car's fuel thank when the tank is not empty. Be careful, maybe it is illegal in your country. Taxation purpose.

(21)
(3)

MM

September 15, 2017 09:20

Hello Mike
You can consider to give it to local garage (replacing oil in motors).
Best Regards

(14)

(6)

Glenn R. Hammerquist

September 15, 2017 09:31

Waste oil Furnace

(133)
(17)

Tibor Ivanszky

September 15, 2017 01:01

Technically speaking there is nothing against HV oils burned inside diesel engines. You can use cooking oil used or straight from supermarket shelves though it is more expensive not in case 100 miles from next station.

(301)
(28)
(4)

Juan de la Cruz Martinez

re: re: X-Ray oil

September 15, 2017 04:56

Tibor, That was my point, Bio fuel. Somebody will be happy to get 20 Gallons of diesel for free.

1 person liked this

Marquis Medical - Experts in SIEMENS & GE PET & PET/CT Service & Parts

Our engineers are trained strictly on Siemens & GE PET to Guarantee an expert on all service calls. Our large inventory of PET & PET/CT systems & parts allows us to provide a TRUE Turn-key solution. Ph:866-645-7457 DOTmed Certified

Access and use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions of our LEGAL NOTICE & PRIVACY NOTICE
Property of and Proprietary to DOTmed.com, Inc. Copyright ©2001-2017 DOTmed.com, Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED