Over 350 Total Lots Up For Auction at Two Locations - NY 03/21, FL 03/22

Transformer HDI 3000, 3500, 5000

(28)
(4)

Dmitry Fedosenko

Transformer HDI 3000, 3500, 5000

August 09, 2017 08:22

How to remove a transformer? I took out all the cards from the back basket and I do not see the screws with which this basket is fixed. It needs to be removed, as it not allows to get to the rear bolts of the transformer.
Did anyone get a transformer from HDI 3000, 3500, 5000?
Can you please tell me how to take out the transformer?

Thank you very much in advance.
feddn67@gmail.com

1 person liked this

to rate and post a comment

(28)
(4)

Dmitry Fedosenko

re: Transformer HDI 3000, 3500, 5000

August 10, 2017 08:08

I found out what needs to be done, maybe my experience will come in handy. Moreover, it is not written anywhere.
To remove the transformer on these devices, you first need to remove all the cards from the back and from the front basket. Then, in front basket on the left wall at the bottom, unscrew the two bolts through the large round holes. Then, in front basket on the right wall, unscrew a large rectangular cover that covers the same two large round holes and unscrew the bolts from them. Then in the rear compartment on the left wall below there is also a large round hole with a bolt in deep. After that, the whole design of all the baskets and the motherboard sandwiched between them is pushed forward and taken out completely. When pushing the structure, follow the transformer cables to avoid damaging them. After that you have access to the transformer bolts. I to this designer would tear off his hands for this idiocy. If the transformer bolts were secured from below, and not top, then nothing would have to be done.
So people if you have the same problem, then I congratulate you :)

(23)
(3)
(4)

Billy Sanchez Olivares

August 10, 2017 08:09

I did!
You have to remove al the boards first, at the front and at the back, then you have to remove the backplane removing all the screws around the backplane, once you do that, yo have to search the screws for the cage, usually they are fixed to the side of the structure and very hidden, remove them and remove the cage! Once you do all of this, then you can proceed to remove the AC Main Transformer.
This is going to be a long journey, the space is scarce and I reccomend to you working with another person, one in the front and one in the back, that should help you to reduce the time needed.

(23)
(3)
(4)

Billy Sanchez Olivares

August 10, 2017 08:09

I did!
You have to remove al the boards first, at the front and at the back, then you have to remove the backplane removing all the screws around the backplane, once you do that, yo have to search the screws for the cage, usually they are fixed to the side of the structure and very hidden, remove them and remove the cage! Once you do all of this, then you can proceed to remove the AC Main Transformer.
This is going to be a long journey, the space is scarce and I reccomend to you working with another person, one in the front and one in the back, that should help you to reduce the time needed.

(77)
(18)

Brian Eberling

August 10, 2017 11:00

You also need to remove the boards in the front end in order to remove the card cage.

(28)
(4)

Dmitry Fedosenko

August 10, 2017 11:00

Everything is already done, thank you all!

(195)
(47)
(4)

EROTOKRITOS SKENTOS

August 10, 2017 11:08

My friend you have to remove the the board cage from the front in order to reach the back screws of the transformer.Are you sure that the transformer has a problem because you have to take out everythink in order to get it out.

stats
DOTmed text ad

stats
advertisement

Upcoming Auction Events

MedSurge LLC
TIMED
Mar 21, 2024 (301 lots)
Boca Med & Tech
TIMED
Mar 22, 2024 (89 lots)