GOMED Grant Oggle - References Wanted

Ben Holloway

GOMED Grant Oggle - References Wanted

December 31, 2009 09:43

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Mr. Grant Oggle of GOMED in California?

to rate and post a comment

(5)

(5)

Jim Miller

Re: GOMED Grant Oggle - References Wanted

December 31, 2009 04:26

I have had one dealing with him. He sent me bad products and wouldn't take them back or refund me the money.
Stay clear of him.
Jim Miller
Miller Medical Imaging

(22)
(4)
(64)

G. John Oggel

November 18, 2010 11:06

Jim Miller ordered a large order of surgical tables and stainless mayo tables from us. He told us to just send him some old used stainless mayo stands, stating that he did not really care about the quality of the stainless, and we declined, only sending him brand new stainless mayo stands, straight from the manufacturer. The mayo stands were received by Jims customer (he apparenly gave us the shipping address to his client without telling us), but they told Jim that some parts were missing. We forwarded the "missing parts" at our expense, directly to Jim's customer. Jim then called us to tell us that the parts were never missing, but instead that the customer had failed to inspect he packaging for all the parts, and upon inspection they were able to find everything was in fact all there. This of course was well after they had received the replacement parts we paid over 800.00 to send out there. Jim's customer then apparently did not like the fact that the mayo stands were not foot operated, a point that he never told us was required in the first place, and his customer wanted to return the mayo stands after they had used them for a month, but they were happy with everything else. According to Jim, Jim's customer had thrown away all of the boxes the mayo stands were packed in, and as we explained to Jim before the stainless was delivered, we cannot take any returns unless the original packaging is retained. Jim then told us that he had no choice but to throw the stainless in the garbage, and that he was very upset with us because he only made a measley "20% profit" on the deal, and that he never makes less than 25%, and that it was all our fault. We did everything humanly possible to help Jim and his customer out, and this is what we get for our efforts? Everything Jim received was brand new from the factory.

(2)

David Radin

January 08, 2010 02:00

I purchased a Bladderscan from Grant after reviewing previous ratings. He was good to deal with and equipment arrived in a reasonable time frame. The instrument passed a test cycle but did not register reading when tried to use. I contacted him and was told to return the transducer and he would replace. It was returned and he acknowledged receipt and told me replacement was shipped out. Unit never arrived and he has since failed to respond to multiple calls and Emails. Should there be any additional contact I will ammend this but for noe BEWARE!!!

(12)
(2)
(6)

Brad Samuels

January 14, 2010 02:27

We have dealt with Grant for over 4 years, and have purchased a lot of equipment from him. He has always come through on his word for us. I would recommend you keep trying to get ahold of him, even if it can sometimes be difficult to reach him. We even had a situation recently where we weren't happy with some surgical tables purchased from him and he sent us free equipment.

(2)

David Radin

January 16, 2010 12:30

I thank you for the feedback. I saw several similar reviews for Grant before I decided to purchase from him which makes the situation even more disturbing. I am glad you had a good experience but did not. Grant was paid over 2 months ago and I have neither my funds nor a working instrument. I am not unreasonable but not only has he had more then 4 weeks to respond he has not. Additionally he has put up additional identicle units on DOTMed to sell to other buyers befoe he has provided me with a working unit. I have made multiple phobne calls where I have been put into voice mail and my messages have not been answered. I have left multiple emails again without response. If you have a working relationship and are able to forward this it would be much appreciated.

(1)

David Eagan

January 29, 2010 03:51

purchased a Skytron 6500 from John Oggel with GJO MED... not as advertised...its was clean but a lot was not done.... quite a lot. This table was described as "golden"... completely re-built... including the brakes... it was painted, but not rebuilt. We ended up re-building the brakes ourselves and sending John the parts were had to replace.... asking him to replace the parts... and pay us for our time... could not recommend doing business with this man...his word means nothing.... and if your word is no good.... what else do you have.....

(22)
(4)
(64)

G. John Oggel

November 18, 2010 11:05

We sold Dave Eagan, a former Skytron rep, an "as-is-working" Skytron surgical table we had refurbished approximately 8-9 months prior to his purchase of the unit. He paid for an as-is unit, not a refurbished unit, and the table was described as "golden". He paid for the unit AFTER he inspected and received it (we shipped it out to him on good-faith, with 0 deposit down), even calling us to state what a good looking table it was. Approximately a week later we get a call from Dave stating that he believed the table was not fully rebuilt because a screw in the bottom of one of the brake pads was rusted and had to be drilled out in order to replce the pad. Dave claimed that there is no way a screw can rust that much in just 1 year. He wanted us to reimburse him for 875.00, cost of the brake pad/addl parts was 180.00, the rest was his labor. We told him that he purchased an as-is table, not a full refurb, and that we believe that despite his claim of a mis-description, we believe the table was in near perfect condition, and it functioned flawlessly, and he declared the same when he initially received it. We still do not believe that 1 rusted screw, in the bottom of one of the 4 brakes on the feet of the table should result in a complaint of this nature, especially in light of the fact that this was an as-is sale and he said he was planning to fully refurb the table himself, which requires replacing all the brakes anyway!!

(12)
(1)
(22)

Robert Gaw Jr.

November 19, 2010 08:38

I have sold Grant several items over the years he has always paid his bills when I worked with him.

(5)
(7)
(69)

Kevin Blaser

re: GOMED Grant Oggle - References Wanted

April 08, 2022 10:06

I've read the responses here and we find Grant Oggle to be dishonest and hard to deal with. In our experience he makes a lot of mistakes and likes to blame others for them. He sells equipment with missing S#'s. If you need specifics feel free to contact us. We wont do business with him ever again. Be very careful when dealing with him.

advertisement