Over 350 North Carolina Auctions End Tomorrow 07/28 - Bid Now
Over 550 Total Lots Up For Auction at Three Locations - OK 07/29, FL 07/30, CA 08/06

Please avoid Mr Tony Gibson from Marshall Islands...

(3)
(6)

Chuck Marsh

Please avoid Mr Tony Gibson from Marshall Islands...

July 27, 2017 05:51

Please be aware of Mr Tony Gibson of Tony Gibson Supply LTD. He has used a few names, including eric peterson from American Samoa a few months back. This time he's Tony Gipson from Marshall Islands. His scam is pretty simple, he pretty much buys whatever you have at full price and then asks you to contact his freight forwarder for a shipping quote, usually an AOL email with a generic shipping company name (TNX freight, etc) The fake freight company will give you a quote, usually around $3500. Tony then pays you that amount plus the price of your equipment with the expectation you will pay the freight forwarder via bank wire the $3500. Obviously you will never see the bank wire money again.
Credit card is stolen and you will get charged back. Both times I dealt with him, the billing address is in Tennessee. Please be on the look out for him, I'm sure he will be back with another name and another stolen card.

4 people liked this

to rate and post a comment

(41)
(14)
(4)

Steve Lacroix

re: Please avoid Mr Tony Gibson from Marshall Islands...

July 28, 2017 03:41

He contacted me as Eric Peterson from American Samoa a few months ago. He wanted to buy a piece of equipment he knew nothing about and wanted to pay with a stolen credit card. I told him to pay with Paypal. He refused. Bye bye Eric.

2 people liked this

(5)

Bill Stoney

re: re: Please avoid Mr Tony Gibson from Marshall Islands...

July 31, 2017 10:37

Pretty much anybody who contacts you with a similar request is operating this scam.

(4)

(3)

Shamim Kazi

August 02, 2017 07:59

you are right , Tony Gipson (Gipson Supply Ltd)Marshall Island wants to buy ultrasound from me exactly the way you described , ie via TNX , who quoted $3550.00 shipping ,he insisted paying by credit card , I do not have merchant account , he is persuing me to set up an merchant account , even ready to pay application and processing fee . I had a gut feeling
so started checking around and found your note,
He is using Tel # 408 682 0718

(14)

(31)

George Beach

re: re: Please avoid Mr Tony Gibson from Marshall Islands...

August 02, 2017 03:24

He just contacted me this week wanting to buy some micro needling pens cost are $3500 each, he wanted to buy two of them. Below is his scan and email.

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier.

Thanks for your response and for your understanding, I really appreciate it. below is my address for the shipment.

SHIPPING ADDRESS:

TONY GIPSON SUPPLY LTD.
1286 New Moon Rd,
10467 Majuro
Marshall Islands.

Concerning the shipping , the likes of UPS, DHL,USPS,Fed ex and others always don't take care of the charges down here. Charges like handling, customs and duties etc. I have experienced such situation before and I don't want to experience such things again, you do not need to worry about the stress involve and all documentations because I have a shipping company that have delivered to me in the past, I really like their services so I  will like you contact them about the shipping .I will be glad if you contact this shipper (T.N.X FREIGHT INTERNATIONAL)for the shipping quote. 

Here is their email address  (Tnxfreight.international@aol.com) They will take care of everything including handling, customs and duties, Tax, insurance etc, also you will be responsible for payment to (T.N.X FREIGHT INTERNATIONAL) agent then all costs as far as shipping, taxes, duties, and insurance in addition to the costs of the product should be sent to me in a proforma invoice to be paid in advance of shipment. Always send me the copy of email you send to them ,Kindly email them with pick up address, shipping address and the weight of the order .get back to me with the following once you hear back from them..

Cost of items.......... 
Shipping cost  via T.N.X FREIGHT INTERNATIONAL ........
All additional cost(transfer fee to T.N.X FREIGHT INTERNATIONAL Services)..................... 
Total cost (cost of items+shipping cost via T.N.X FREIGHT INTERNATIONAL + transfer fee to T.N.X FREIGHT INTERNATIONAL )..........

Kindly get back to me as soon as you hear back from my freight forwarder..

(1)

Neil Ripston

September 01, 2017 08:12

Had a similar thing happen to me by Tony Gipson. Wanted to buy some $6K worth of scientific equipment I had listed on eBay. Took it down, and sent Gipson a Paypal Request for Payment. He told me he would have his shipper come and get the stuff. However, he never paid and never responded after he told me he was having trouble paying with Paypal. I can only think that he might have been using a stolen credit card. Gipson used this number 408-625-0248 out of San Jose, CA.

After the no contact from him, I canceled the eBay invoice and relisted the stuff on eBay.

(4)

(12)

John Bernicken

September 24, 2017 09:59

Same scam as Glen Weis. Lots of clowns out there now

advertisement