However you can still use DOTmed to find this item or a similar item from another seller:
|Warranty: 30 day parts and labor||Year of Manufacture: 2008||MPN: ICS-IM-US|
RespirTech Airway Clearance System model ICS-1
Similar to HILL-ROM VEST 105 but even better in many ways.
This Airway Clearance System is in excellent condition and has 111 Hours on it. It has been professionally cleaned and sterilized and comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. System comes complete as shown with carrying bag, all hoses, a medium and a large vest, and instruction manual. This RespirTech Unit is the Mercedes of Airway Clearance Systems on the market at this time and are in high demand. Unit retails new for over $16,000. Contact us today with any questions.
Strong lungs play an important role in staying healthy. One function of the lungs is to secrete mucus to trap inhaled fine particles and harmful bacteria, viruses, and spores. Other mechanisms, called cilia and cough, then work to move this mucus from the body. A variety of devices and/or techniques classified as airway clearance therapies (ACT) are prescribed to help clear airway secretions when they are not being evacuated naturally. Many forms of ACT are available. Among them, high frequency chest compression (HFCC) therapy is the only method that provides reliably consistent therapy, requires no special skills or techniques and can be used independently by many patients.
The inCourage™ system is a specialized piece of durable medical equipment (DME) that provides high-frequency chest compression (HFCC) airway clearance therapy (ACT) for patients with cystic fibrosis and other pulmonary disorders associated with impaired secretion clearance function. HFCC is a high-demand intervention recognized by government and private payers as a medically necessary standard of care therapy for appropriately selected patients. The inCourage™ system received FDA 510(k) clearance to market in 2005 as a secretion clearance device for use by patients with or at risk for pulmonary disease associated with diminished mucociliary clearance (MCC) function. The inCourage™ system are not limited to any specific diagnoses.
The inCourage™ system offers technical and design advancements not available with other HFCC machines:
Triangle waveform: The shape of the waveform delivered by HFCC machines is shown to be important in maximizing mucus clearance.
• A comparison of triangle versus older sine waveform technology found a mean volume increase of 20% in mucus cleared – with a range up to 41% - with the inCourage™ System
• Triangle wave form may be more effective because peak airflow and maximum lung volumes occur at the same frequencies
• Triangle waveform therapy may be more comfortable because duration of peak pressure is shorter
• Jacket: The inCourage™ system jacket has the fastest in-jacket pulse pressure rise with the shortest duration at maximum pressure in the therapeutic frequency range 6-15 Hz.
• Active venting compensates for chest wall expansion and contraction during the breathing cycle
• Patients are able to take deeper, more comfortable breaths
• Greater lung volumes permit larger HFCC-induced expiratory airflow volumes at the mouth - an important measure of treatment efficacy
• QuickFit jacket fitting feature permits precise sizing
• Precise fit ensures consistent therapy
• Widest range of standard jacket sizes; 23 sizes from 16 – 60 inches, can be purchased as needed.
Standard and Custom Programming: The inCourage™ system is pre-programmed for use with an easy-to-understand menu. The machine is equipped with a touch button digital control panel and a choice of treatment sessions to accommodate individual needs.
• QuickStart: A pre-programmed 30-minute session that begins immediately and ramps up and down through a full range of therapeutic frequencies
• AutoPause: A pre-programmed 30-minute session that pauses at five minute intervals for users to perform huffing and coughing maneuvers. Sessions are resumed with a simple touch of a button
• MultiStep: A custom programming feature that permits users to enter and save up to 3 individualized sessions containing up to 12 steps
ICS – 1 System: Relevant Conditions
Many diseases and conditions impair physical ability to regulate mucus secretion and to clear it thoroughly from the airways. Common primary diagnoses for which appropriately selected patients are recognized by most physicians and many insurance providers as candidates for airway clearance therapy (ACT) including HFCC include, but are not limited to:
• Cystic fibrosis
• Primary ciliary dyskinesia
• Spinal cord injury
• Chronic bronchitis
• Post-lung transplantation
Need to ship this item?
Use DOTmed's Shipping Quote Service!