The ADC Diagnostix 5442 3.5V Coax Plus Ophthalmoscope Head is intended to examine the media (cornea, aqueous, lens, and vitreous) and the retina of the eye, and is available with a halogen/xenon lamp (#5442X) or an advanced AdLED lamp (#5442L). This head can be attached to the ADC Diagnostix 5460 3.5V Plug-In Rechargeable Battery Handle or the ADC Diagnostix 5560 3.5V Rechargeable Battery Handle.
Warranty: 2 Years (AdLED lamp carries a lifetime warranty).
Note: This is for the coax plus ophthalmoscope head only and does not include a battery handle.
ADC Diagnostix 5442 3.5V Coax Plus Ophthalmoscope Head Features
- High performance aspherical condenser lens reduces corneal reflection.
- Further reduction provided by utilizing distinct parallel observational and illuminating light beam. (Gullstrand's principal).
- Ergonomic design and integral thumb rest improves stability and allows one finger control of all functions.
- Synthetic rubber brow rest facilitates use with practitioner eyeglasses.
- Dust proof.
- Magnified/illuminated aperture viewing window.
- Universal bayonet mount for compatibility with other brands of 3.5V power supply handles.
- Anti-theft locking feature is standard.
- Secondary Focusing wheel with zero retention for quick correction of ametropias. Use this to provide virtually unlimited fine focus OR as a fast focus in lieu of the 89 viewing lenses.
- 89 viewing lenses - Plus single step from 1-45. Minus single step from 1-44.
- 28 aperture/filter combinations for improved versatility.
- 7 apertures include:
- Karo - grid like overlay that allows for easier transfer of observations to standard Karo (graph) paper.
- Slit - used to help determine levels of tumors and lesions.
- Fixation - has graduated cross-hairs for measuring eccentric fixation or locating lesions.
- Large - standard aperture for a dilated pupil and general examination of the eye.
- Small - provides excellent view of fundus through an undilated pupil.
- Micro spot - allows quick entry into small, undilated pupils.
- Half moon - provides a combination of depth perception and field of view.
- 3 filters (plus neutral) include:
- Red free - excludes red rays from examination field for easy identification of veins, arteries and nerve fibers.
- Cobalt - used with fluorescent dye to view small lesions, abrasions and foreign objects on the cornea.
- Polarizing - virtually eliminated corneal reflection.
Item Name: Ophthalmoscope Accessories