The Bovie Disposable Low Temperature Elongated Fine Tip Cautery (#AA04 / 10 per Box) works at 1100 degrees F (593 degrees C). The patented cautery has an impressive 4 year shelf-life and is individually packaged sterile.
Primary Uses: Pinpoint hemostasis: delicate, oculoplastic, dermal, and minor subcutaneous procedures.
Suggested Uses by Specialty:
- Neurosurgery: Craniotomy, peripheral nerve repair, and surgery on aneurisms.
- Ophthalmology: Cataract extraction, corneal transplant, repair of burns and lacerations, strabismus surgery, tumor and cyst removal, enucleation, retinal surgery, keratectomy, and dacryocystorhinostomy.
- Plastic Surgery: Tendon repair.
The new style Low Temperature Elongated Fine Tip Cautery features safety enhancements and changes:
- The snap-design incorporates a green, recessed, activation button to assist in the prevention of inadvertent activation of the unit, if proper disposable instructions are not followed.
- The cautery is designed to allow the back-end to be broken open, facilitating the removal of the alkaline batteries. This step also accomplishes a safe disposal of the product by eliminating the energy source.
- Tip assembly, energy optimization, final testing, printing, packaging, and sterilization are all done in the USA.