The Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener includes a Wrist Strap (#106146), Power Supply Set [Wall Charger with Connector and 8' (2.5 m) US AC Power Cord (2.5 A, 125 V)], and Directions for Use.
Warranty: 1 Year.
The Spot Vision Screener is intended to produce optical images that can help identify refractive errors and ocular misalignments associated with poor vision by detecting special light reflexes from each eye during screening. The unit evaluates these light reflexes from the retina to estimate refractive error. It also estimates pupil size, pupil distance, and eye gaze deviation.
It offers easy and portable binocular testing on patients ranging from six months through adult, and also those with limited mobility. It screens both eyes at once from a nonthreatening 3-foot distance and produces results in as little as five seconds.
The touch-screen display allows for one-touch activation, simple management of patient data entry, and easy configuration for both vision screening tests and autorefraction applications.
The Spot Vision Screener is ideal for any office setting, school, mobile event, or mission trips. Studies have proven the Spot can help dramatically reduce the time required to test vision over traditional screening tools.
This type of photoretinoscopy device is intended to help the healthcare professional asses whether the subject should be referred to an eye care specialist for further evaluation or simply be monitored at future screenings. This screening is not intended to replace a full eye examination.
FeaturesWelch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Features
- Supports American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) screening guidelines for early detection of amblyopic risk factors.
- Automated screening provides thorough, objective, and easy-to-understand results.
- Easy to use, easy to implement with minimal user training required.
- Adequately powered for mass screening events.
- Captures readings 97% of the time helping to screen otherwise difficult patients.
- Wireless printing and WiFi-enabled for easy export of data.
- Manual exports available via USB port.
- Uses lights and sounds to help engage children.
- Over four hour battery life with a single charge.
- No calibration is needed.
- May qualify for CPT 99177, Instrument-based ocular screening, on-site analysis.
- Accurate detection of the following common vision problems:
- Myopia (nearsightedness).
- Hyperopia (farsightedness).
- Astigmatism (blurred vision).
- Anisometropia (unequal refractive power).
- Strabismus (eye misalignment).
- Anisocoria (unequal pupil size).
SpecificationsWelch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Specifications
- Weight: 2.55 lb (1157 g).
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 6.75" x 4.75" (21.6 cm x 17.1 cm x 12.1 cm).
- Wireless Network: 802.11 b/g/n.
- Expected Battery Life: 2.5 years (under normal usage).
- Spherical Equivalent:
- Range: -7.50 D to + 7.50 D in 0.25 D increments.
- -3.50 D to 3.50 D, +/- 0.50 D.
- -7.50 D to < -3.50 D, +/- 1.00 D.
- > 3.50 D to 7.50 D, +/- 1.00 D.
- Range: -3.00 D to +3.00 D in 0.25 D increments.
- -1.50 D to 1.50 D, +/- 0.50 D.
- -3.00 D to < -1.50 D, +/- 1.00 D.
- > 1.50 D to 3.00 D, +/- 1.00 D.
- Cylindrical Axis:
- Range: 1 to 180 degrees in 1-degree increments.
- Accuracy: +/- 10 degrees (for cylinder values > 0.5 D).
- Pupil Size:
- Range: 3.0 to 9.0 mm in 0.1 mm increments in +/- cylinder.
- Accuracy: +/- 0.4 mm.
- Pupil Distance:
- Range: 35 mm to 80 mm in 1 mm increments.
- Accuracy: +/- 1.5 mm.
- Gaze Measurement:
- 0 to 20 degrees in increments of 1 degree nasal, temporal, inferior, and superior.
- Accuracy: +/- 1.5 degrees.
- Time Per Measurement: Second(s).
- Measuring Distance: 3.3 ft +/- 2" (1 m +/- 5 cm).
- Fixation Target: Random visual pattern and audible sound.
- Measurement Principal: Optical reflex.
- Operating Temperatures: 50 to 104 °F (10 to 40 °C).
- Operating Humidity: 30% to 75% relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Storage/Shipping Temperatures: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C).
- Storage/Shipping Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Storage/Shipping Atmospheric Pressure: 800 to 1060 hPA.
ConfigurationsWelch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Configurations
- #VS100-B: Standard (No Carrying Case).
- #VS100S-B: With Carrying Case.
AccessoriesWelch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Accessories
The following accessories are compatible and commonly purchased with the Spot Vision Screener:
- #20038: Hospital Grade Power Cord.
- #106144: Carry Case.
- #106145: Neck Strap.
- #106146: Wrist Strap.
- #106147: Power Supply and Cord.
- #106369: Power Supply Set (Wall Charger with Connector and Power Cord).
- Comprehensive Warranty:
- S1-VS100: 1 Year.
- S1-VS100-2: 2 Years.
- S1-VS100-5: 5 Years.
LiteratureWelch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Literature
Welch Allyn Product Catalogue
Welch Allyn Advancing Frontline Care Brochure
Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Public Health Brochure
Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Physician Brochure
Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Quick Reference Guide
Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Specifications Sheet
Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Model VS100 Directions For Use
Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener Infographic