by Michael Johns
, Project Manager | May 23, 2007
Varian Radiation Therapy Student Scholarship Program
The expanded Varian Radiation Therapy Student Scholarship Program, sponsored by Varian Medical Systems in conjunction with the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Education & Research Foundation, provides monies for academically outstanding students attending an entry-level radiation therapy program. Funding is provided for the succeeding academic year. Scholarships of $5,000 will be awarded annually.
1. Must be currently enrolled in an entry-level radiation therapy program. Individuals receiving a certificate or degree in radiation therapy before Sept. 1 of the scholarship year are ineligible.
2. Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident. Individuals with a visitor, student, or G-series visa are ineligible.
3. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or B average specifically in radiation therapy core curriculum.
4. Must provide evidence of financial need on application form and in the written applicant interview.
5. Previous awardees are eligible to apply; however, applicants are only eligible to win this scholarship twice.
To find out more, go to DOTmed'sCareer Corner & Jobs News section.