by John R. Fischer
, Senior Reporter | July 10, 2023
Maury Regional Health is embarking on a $115 million renovation project of its flagship hospital, Maury Regional Medical Center, in Columbia, Tennessee, its first major construction project in over 20 years.
The facility has 255 beds and more than 200 physicians. World Architects & Engineers is the design firm overseeing the project.
Here are the changes it will make:
- A seventh and eighth floor will be added to the patient tower. The seventh will house high-acuity patients, and the eighth will be used for future expansions.
- Ten additional treatment areas will be added to the emergency department, giving it a total of 48.
- The main inpatient surgical unit will be renovated, and at least four new outpatient surgical suites and a new central sterile processing department will be installed in the Pavilion.
- On the childbirth floor, three post-delivery patient rooms and one delivery room will expand capacity to accommodate the growing number of births.
- Cardiac rehabilitation care will be transferred to a more accessible area of the campus, allowing the hospital to expand procedural areas at the Heart Center.
- A health park will be set up in Lawrenceburg as a primary and physician specialist clinic.
- A new drive-through lane to separate traffic and the drop-off area at the main entrance will be created to make it safer for patients. This will be facilitated by exterior upgrades that will give the hospital a more modern look.
Other changes include full renovations of the cafeteria on the ground floor and café on the first floor, and new color palettes and finishes that will be added during the project timeline in public spaces.
Opened in 1953, Maury Regional Health is a not-for-profit and the largest healthcare provider between Nashville, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. It employs over approximately 3,000 individuals within its hospitals, clinics, surgery centers, outpatient facilities, and its physician practice group. It also is a six-time IBM Watson Health 15 Top Health System.